Please carefully read through the Terms and Conditions below before filling up an Inquiry Form. Please note, these terms do not apply to invitation design projects. Separate terms have been laid out in the Product Description in the Shop section.
TERMS OF AGREEMENT
By booking or purchasing any service from Lique Dimayuga Designs and Creative Pursuits (the Designer), the Client is agreeing to the terms and conditions as expressed below. These policies have been laid out to protect both the client and the designer.
In order to achieve an organized work flow, the designer and the client shall adhere to the design development process stated below:
- Upon receiving the client’s inquiry, the designer shall reply within 24-48 hours via email with a quotation and a project queue schedule. Once the client and designer agree to a rate and schedule, the designer shall submit a contract proposal – containing the rate, scope of work, payment and terms.
- The client shall settle a 50% non-refundable, downpayment fee to indicate acceptance of contract proposal. Or in some cases, the designer would require a full payment (usually for smaller projects) at the beginning of the project.
- For bigger projects (like Logo+Branding), the designer shall use a PM tool (Trello), so that tasks, coordination, and feedback are all in one place. A link will be sent to the client for access to the Trello Board.
- The designer shall provide the client with a design questionnaire pertinent to the package or service booked by the client. It is to be filled up completely and submitted in a timely manner. Logo and Branding projects may require the client to create a Pinterest board or gather inspirational images pertinent to the design development.
- Time for brainstorming! The client and the designer shall further coordinate to address any clarifications, issues, or concerns.
- Upon reviewing the client questionnaire and further study, the designer shall provide a concept and several options (depending on the contract) for review and approval of the client. The client shall provide feedback and approval in a timely manner. The designer shall provide revisions in a timely manner as well.
- Once the design is approved and final, full payment for design services must be settled to signify the end of the design development. This is before the submission of the final files by the designer to the client.
The designer shall provide a projected timeline along with a quotation for every project inquiry. Project start date shall be placed on queue upon downpayment and acceptance of contract proposal. The designer shall use a PM tool to organize and coordinate bigger projects, like Logo and Branding, where tasks and deadlines are already set. The designer and the client shall provide requirements and feedback in a timely manner, and agree to stick to the schedule as much as possible.
In the event of any delay, please see Extensions and Delays clause.
The Client will be the one responsible for identifying feature requirements (by fulfilling the design questionnaire and/or Pinterest board). The client is to provide the designer all necessary files, documents, pictures, and details, pertinent to the design development. The client unconditionally guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, design, trademarks or other artwork submitted to the designer for inclusion in the project are owned by the client or that the client has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements. The designer shall not be held liable to any copyright infringement issues that may arise from the client’s misuse of copyrighted property.
The client shall thoroughly review the conceptual drafts and revisions, provide detailed feedback and approval in a timely manner. The chosen design option will then be the one to undergo the agreed upon number of revisions only. Once the client gives sign-off and approval of the design, it is considered FINAL. Any changes made to the design thereafter will be subject to additional charges.
All communication between the designer and the client shall be through email, Trello, or Skype (scheduled session), on weekdays (Monday to Friday).
The designer accepts payment via Direct Bank Transfer, Payoneer, and PayPal. An e-Invoice will be sent to the client for billing. The designer bills at the start and at the end of each project. A non-refundable downpayment of 50% must be made before project start. Full payment for design services must be settled once final design is approved. This is before the submission of the final files by the designer to the client.
The client may choose to hire the designer on Upwork, where an hourly rate is charged for services rendered.
In some cases, the designer may require full payment at the start (mostly applicable for smaller projects).
In the event of project cancellations, please see Termination and Refunds clause.
EXTENSIONS AND DELAYS
For additional requirements and revisions beyond the contract, causing project extensions, the client agrees to pay the additional costs and understands the consequence of a delay in the project timeline. In the event that the client or the designer cannot comply with deadlines and requirements, causing delays, both parties shall have to reset an agreeable schedule.
TERMINATION AND REFUNDS
Either party may cancel or terminate the project at any time for any reason. The designer agrees to not receive the remaining balance for failure to comply with the agreed terms in the project contract.
In the event that the client wishes to cancel the project, no refunds shall be given, due to the nature of work of the designer, which is creative, graphic material, where time spent is a valuable resource. However, the designer agrees to credit the client’s downpayment with a replacement project, equal to but not more than the cancelled project.
Should the client go AWOL and does not reply within thirty (30) days, the designer holds the right to terminate the project without further notice. No refunds shall be given.
There shall be no charges to the client for revisions or corrections made necessary by errors on the part of the designer. Should the client wish to modify the logo or design after project sign-off, this will already be considered a new project and a new contract shall be written up.
The designer is not required to give and keep source files and all other files once the project is completed. The client may request source files for an additional fee.
CREDITS AND OWNERSHIP
The client holds copyright to all design work by the designer for the project. The client agrees that the designer may only use the logo and designs to add to her portfolio for credits and reference, unless a disclosure agreement is previously agreed upon by both parties. The designer may not reuse or replicate designs in any manner or form. So that all design projects are unique to the client, ensuring exclusive copyright property.